If you’re under the age of 40, you may not give much thought to your eye health. However, now is the time to act in order to preserve your vision. The majority of vision problems are avoidable with simple healthy habits. According to a new report published in The Lancet, an estimated 895 million people worldwide will develop eye conditions by 2050. This represents a 150% increase over the next 30 years. The outlook for developing countries is bleak. However, as populations age and expand, eye conditions are likely to become more common everywhere, including in the United States.
Healthy Vision Tips
It is now time to adopt healthy eye habits. Regardless of your age or medical history, taking care of your eyes now can help prevent vision problems later in life. Here are 14 healthy vision tips to take care of your eyes today so you can have clear vision for years to come.
- Understand your family history: It has a significant impact on your vision.
- As children grow, keep a close eye on their eyes.
- Eat healthily and exercise regularly.
- Quit smoking.
- Maintain control of other medical conditions.
- Wear sunglasses when going outside.
- Reduce eye strain at work.
- Sports-related eye injuries can occur at any age.
- Take good care of your contact lenses.
- Sharing makeup can lead to the spread of infection.
- Expect changes in your vision during pregnancy.
- Traveling? Bring sunglasses, prescription glasses, and other eye care items.
- If you’re 65 or older, keep an eye out for changes in your vision.
- Don’t accept vision loss as an unavoidable part of aging! It isn’t.
Have you had your eyes examined withing the last twelve months? If not, its time you can us to schedule you next appointment!
For more helpful eye care and vision care tips, please visit our main blog page.
Image by Melk Hagelslag from Pixabay