December is Safe Toy and Celebrations Month. Accidents involving children and toys occur far too frequently and can result in eye injuries. Toys cause serious eye injuries, even blindness, to thousands of children aged 14 and under each year. When considering safe toys you can protect your child’s eyes from injuries while playing with toys in three ways:
- Only buy toys meant for their age.
- Show them how to safely use their toys.
- Keep an eye on them while they’re playing.
Guidelines for Safe Toys Selection
Before you buy a toy, consider the following:
- Read all of the warnings and instructions on the package.
- Consider whether the toy is appropriate for your child’s age and ability.
- Toys with sharp or rigid points, spikes, rods, or dangerous edges should be avoided.
- Children’s sunglasses should have their lenses and frames checked because many can break and cause injuries.
- Purchase toys that will withstand impact without shattering into dangerous shards.
- Find the letters “ASTM.”
- This means that the product meets the American Society for Testing and Materials’ national safety standards (ASTM).
- Toys that shoot or have parts that fly off should be avoided.
- Keep in mind that BB guns are NOT toys.
Before allowing children to play with toys, make the following checks:
- Inspect toys to ensure they are safe and sturdy.
- Describe how to use the toy.
- Toys that are broken should be repaired or discarded.
- Keep young children away from older children’s toys.
- Keep an eye on your children while they are playing..
- To avoid risks or falls, properly store toys after play.
- Children’s craft projects should be supervised (scissors and glue can be extremely hazardous to a child’s eyesight).
- Wear appropriate sports eye protection for your children (face shields, helmets, eyeguards).
For more helpful eye care and vision care tips, please visit our main blog page.
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
There are certainly a lot of particulars like that to take into consideration. That may be a great point to convey up. I provide the thoughts above as common inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you deliver up the place crucial factor will probably be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round things like that, however I am certain that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Each boys and girls feel the impact of only a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.