Some say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Others say don’t take your eyes for granted. Whatever you say, here are just a few easy tips for healthy eyes!
Tips for Healthy Eyes
- Eating well. Diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, vitamins C and E will help keep your eyes healthy and your body young.
- Quit smoking. Smoking causes damage to your optic nerve, cataracts and macular degeneration. Stop now!
- Wear Sunglasses. Sunglasses will help protect your eyes against UVA and UVB radiation which causes cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Wear safety glasses. Safety glasses are must when you work or do projects that involve, dust, shards of flying debris, chemicals or the chance of anything getting into your eyes.
- Take frequent breaks. Whether you are working or playing on computers or even reading books, papers, etc, be sure to take frequent breaks to change your focus and perspective.
- Regular eye exams. Be sure to visit your eye doctor annually to make sure he gets to know your eyes and can spot any changes for the worst early.
Using these simple tips for healthy eyes will help to keep your eyes in tip top shape for years!
For more helpful eye care and vision care tips, please visit our main blog page.